Total technology industry venture financing deals in January 2020 worth $156.12m were announced in India, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 30.4% over the previous month and a drop of 48.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $303.52m.
India held a 1.9% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $8.45bn in January 2020.
In terms of deal activity, India recorded 41 deals during January 2020, marking a decrease of 2.4% over the previous month and a rise of 5.1% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
India technology industry venture financing deals in January 2020: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 68.5% of the overall value during January 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $107m, against the overall value of $156.12m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of January 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Steadview Capital Management and Tiger Global Management’s $39m venture financing of LogiNext Solutions
2) The $30m venture financing of Smartpaddle Technology by Accel, B Capital Group, IDG Ventures India, International Finance and Schroder Adveq Management
3) AET Fund, Ankit Nagori, Omidyar Network India Advisors, Sequoia Capital India AdvisorsLtd. and Tencent Holdings’ $15m venture financing of Doubtnut
4) The $12m venture financing of Finzoom Investment Advisors by Dragoneer Investment Group, Steadview Capital Management and Tiger Global Management
5) Ashish Hemrajani, Deep Kalra, Kunal Bahl, Kunal Shah, Matrix Partners, Rajesh Magow, Rohit Bansal and Sequoia Capital India’s venture financing of Park + for $11m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.