Total technology industry venture financing deals in September 2020 worth $958.68m were announced in India, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 288.7% over the previous month and a rise of 250.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $273.54m.
India held an 8.04% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $11.93bn in September 2020.
In terms of deal activity, India recorded 66 deals during September 2020, marking an increase of 50% over the previous month and a rise of 61% over the 12-month average.
India technology industry venture financing deals in September 2020: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 84% of the overall value during September 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $805m, against the overall value of $958.68m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of September 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alkeon Capital, BlackRock, General Atlantic, Owl Ventures, Sands Capital Ventures and Tiger Global Management’s $300m venture financing of Think and Learn
2) The $225m venture financing of Dream Sports by ChrysCapital Management, Footpath Ventures, Tiger Global Management and TPG Tech Adjacencies
3) Blume Ventures, Facebook, General Atlantic, Nexus Partners, Sequoia Capital and SoftBank Vision Fund II’s $150m venture financing of Sorting Hat Technologies
4) The $90m venture financing of Galactus Funware Technology by Base Partners, GO Ventures(US), MDI Ventures, RTP Global, Sequoia India and Susquehanna International Group
5) Ajay Shridhar Shriram, India Quotient, Lightspeed Ventures,Ltd., Pawan Munjal, SAIF Partners India and Twitter’s venture financing of Mohalla Tech for $40m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
Visit our ‘Technology Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the technology industry.