India’s technology industry saw a rise of 52.17% in overall cross border deal activity during February 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Brighton Park Capital and The Carlyle Group’s $200m private equity deal with Indegene Lifesystems, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 35 cross border deals worth $855.94m were announced in February 2021, compared with the 12-month average of 23 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 28 deals, which accounted for 80% of all cross border deals.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with five cross border deals, followed by private equity with two transactions, respectively accounting for 14.3% and 5.7% of overall deal activity in the India’s technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, venture financing was the leading deal category in India’s technology industry with total deals worth $565.93m, while private equity and M&A deals totalled $200.02m and $90m respectively.
India technology industry cross border deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry cross border deals accounted for 71.9% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology cross border deals stood at $615.21m, against the overall value of $855.94m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cross border deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brighton Park Capital and The Carlyle Group’s $200m private equity deal with Indegene Lifesystems
2) The $120.21m venture financing of ZetwerkLtd. by Greenoaks Capital Management, Kae Capital ManagementLtd., Lightspeed Management Company and Sequoia Capital India
3) Glade Brook Capital Partners and Qatar Investment Authority’s $100m venture financing of Verse Innovation
4) The $100m venture financing deal with Hella Infra Market by Accel Partners (India), Evolvence India Fund II, Fundamental Capital, Nexus Venture Partners, Sistema Asia Fund and Tiger Global Management
5) Base Partners, Composite Capital Management, Founders Circle Capital, Go-Ventures, Moore Strategic Ventures, Play Ventures, RTP Global – UK, SIG and Telstra Ventures’ venture financing with Galactus Funware Technology for $95m.