South and Central America’s technology industry saw a rise of 10% in overall deal activity during Q3 2019, when compared to the four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
A total of 66 deals worth $351.08m were announced for the region during Q3 2019, against the last four-quarter average of 60 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in Q3 2019 with 32, representing a 48.5% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 30 deals, followed by private equity deals with four transactions, respectively capturing a 45.5% and 6.1% share of the overall deal activity for the quarter.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in South and Central America’s technology industry with $153.73m, while private equity and M&A deals totalled $121.99m and $75.37m, respectively.
South and Central America technology industry deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five technology deals accounted for 71.2% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $249.87m, against the overall value of $351.08m recorded for the quarter.
The top five technology industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Flybridge Capital Partners, Light Street Capital and SoftBank Group’s $110m private equity deal with MadeiraMadeira
2) The $50m venture financing of RD Gestao E Sistemas by Astella Investimentos, DGF Investimentos, Endeavor Catalyst, REDPOINT EVENTURES MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES AND CONSULTANCY, Riverwood Capital and TPG Growth
3) Inke’s $47.58m acquisition of Social Network Technology
4) The $27.79m acquisition of Social Network Technology by Inke
5) Arrington XRP Capital, Axiom, Blockchange Ventures, Consensus Capital, DIGITAL STRATEGIES, Distributed Global, HashKey Capital, MW PARTNERS and Terren Peizer’s venture financing of CasperLabs for $14.5m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.