Spain’s technology industry saw a rise of 43.9% in overall deal activity during Q3 2019, when compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
A total of 59 deals worth $657.48m were announced in Q3 2019, compared to the last four-quarter average of 41 deals.
Venture financing was the leading category in the quarter with 34 deals which accounted for 57.6% of all deals.
In second place was M&A with 20 deals, followed by private equity with five transactions, respectively accounting for 33.9% and 8.5% of overall deal activity in the country’s technology industry during the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in Spain’s technology industry with total deals worth $421.19m, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $193.96m and $42.34m, respectively.
Spain technology industry deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five technology deals accounted for 89.8% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $590.49m, against the overall value of $657.48m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Gfi Informatique and One Equity Partners’ $386.97m private equity deal with Informatica El Corte Ingles
2) The $75.12m venture financing of AHIMAS by Inveready First Capital and Kartesia Advisor
3 Things That Will Change the World Today
3) DST Global, Felix Capital Partners, Kinnevik, LocalGlobe, Sunstone Capital and Target Global’s $59.45m venture financing of TravelPerk
4) The $34.73m asset transaction with Liteyca Telecomunicaciones by Comfica Soluciones Integrales
5) Masmovil Ibercom- Management Team and Providence Equity Partners’ private equity deal with Masmovil Ibercom for $34.22m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.