Total technology industry artificial intelligence Venture Financing deals worth $301.5m were announced in China in January 2022, led by $126m Venture Financing of Aixin Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 73.3% over the previous month of $1.13bn and a drop of 72.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.11bn.
China held a 5.99% share of the global technology industry artificial intelligence Venture Financing deal value that totalled $5.03bn in January 2022.
In terms of artificial intelligence Venture Financing deal activity, China recorded 25 deals during January 2022, marking a decrease of 44.44% over the previous month and a drop of 43.18% over the 12-month average.
China technology industry artificial intelligence Venture Financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five technology industry artificial intelligence Venture Financing deals accounted for 98.4% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology artificial intelligence Venture Financing deals stood at $296.78m, against the overall value of $301.5m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry artificial intelligence Venture Financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beijing Heju Investment Management,GGV Capital,Glory Ventures,Inno-Chip,Legend Star Capital,Meituan and Qiming Venture Partners $126m venture financing deal with Aixin Technology
2) The $100m venture financing of Hyperparameter Technology (Shenzhen) by Gaorong Capital,Sequoia China Seed Fund and Wuyuan Capital
3) Gaorong Capital,NBT Capital and Yunjiu Capital $39.33m venture financing deal with Beijing Tianying Jiuzhou Network Technology
4) The $15.73m venture financing of Senses-ai by Global Founders Capital and Yuanhe Zhongyuan
5) Essence Securities,Guoke Jiahe and Investment and TusStar $15.72m venture financing deal with Beijing Horist Technology
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.