Total Technology industry big data deals worth $4.3bn were announced globally for July 2022, with the Stonepeak Partners $2.5bn private equity deal for 29% stake in American Tower being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 48.1% over the previous month of $2.93bn and a drop of 58% when compared with the last 12-month average of $10.32bn.
In terms of number of big data deals, the sector saw a drop of 71.53% with 39 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 137 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with big data deals worth $2.76bn in July 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Technology industry big data deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five big data deals accounted for 96.2% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five big data deals stood at $4.18bn, against the overall value of $4.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five Technology industry big data deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Stonepeak Partners $2.5bn private equity deal for 29% stake in American Tower
2) The $1.04bn private equity of 45% stake in Telefonica by Credit Agricole Assurances and Vauban Infrastructure Partners
3) BlackRock,BPI France,Canaan Partners,Eurazeo,Highland Europe (UK),KKRInc,LionTree,Sixth Street Growth and SoftBank Vision Fund 2 $400m venture financing deal with Content Square
4) The $200m private equity of Pico Quantitative Trading by Golden Gate Capital
5) Pantheon Infrastructure $34.7m private equity deal with Vantage Data Centers