Total technology industry big data private equity deals worth $1.81bn were announced in the US in Q4 2020, with Vantage Data Centers Management LLC’s $1.81bn private equity with The Digital Colony Partners being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 80.1% over the previous quarter of $9.9bn and a drop of 78.1% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $8.26bn.
The US held a 27.30% share of the global technology industry big data private equity deal value that totalled $6.63bn in Q4 2020.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 22 big data deals during Q4 2020, marking an increase of 29.41% over the previous quarter and a rise of 22.22% over the last four-quarter average.
US technology industry big data private equity deals in Q4 2020: Top deals
The top five technology big data private equity deals accounted for a 99.6% share of the overall value during Q4 2020.
The combined value of the top five big data private equity deals stood at $1.8bn, against the overall value of $1.81bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five technology industry big data deals of Q4 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Digital Colony Partners’ $1.25bn private equity deal with Vantage Data Centers Management LLC
2) The $350m private equity deal with DoubleVerify by Fidelity Management & ResearchLLC and Tiger Global Management
3) Morgan Stanley Credit Partners, Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital, Morgan Stanley Tactical Value Investing and ROCA Partners’ $150m private equity deal with The Lifetime Value
4) The $30m private equity deal with Tredence by Chicago Pacific Founders
5) Kayne Partners Fund’s private equity deal with Signal Automotive for $20m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed big data deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.