Total technology industry M&A deals worth $804.37m were announced in China in January 2021, with Tencent Music Entertainment Group’s $432.54m acquisition of Shenzhen Lanren Online Technology Co being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 11.3% over the previous month of $906.56m and a drop of 77.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.53bn.
China held a 1.07% share of the global technology industry M&A deal value that totalled $75.13bn in January 2021.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the China recorded 26 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 48.00% over the previous month and a drop of 27.78% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
China technology industry M&A deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry M&A deals accounted for 91.4% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology M&A deals stood at $734.98m, against the overall value of $804.37m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry M&A deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Tencent Music Entertainment Group’s $432.54m acquisition of Shenzhen Lanren Online Technology Co
2) The $159.67m acquisition of Beijing ZTE Gundam Communication Technology by Beijing Yitang Semiconductor Industry Investment Center
3) Shaoxing Lanyue Film and Television Partnership (Limited Partnership)’ $55.55m acquisition of Zhejiang Shengxi Huashi Culture Media.
4) The $46.44m acquisition of Tianjin Guokai Ruitou Education Technology by Beijing Little Rhino Horn Technology
5) Ningbo Sanxing Medical Electric’s acquisition of Ningbo Oaks Medical Group for $40.79m.