Total technology industry venture financing deals in Q3 2019 worth $24.97bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 5.4% over the previous quarter and a drop of 19.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $30.99bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $13.98bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $13.13bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for technology industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q3 2019 was the US with 1075 deals, followed by China with 424 and the UK with 151.
In 2019, as of the end of Q3 2019, technology venture financing deals worth $83.34bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 3.5% year on year.
Technology industry venture financing deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 8.2% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $2.05bn, against the overall value of $24.97bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alibaba Group Holding and Yunfeng Capital’s $700m venture financing of NetEase Cloud Music
The State of Technology This Week
2) The $450m venture financing of Zhihu by Baidu, Capital Today, Kuaishou Technology and Tencent Holdings
3) Altimeter Capital Management, DST Global, Footpath Ventures, GGV Capital, Hillhouse Capital Group and Lightspeed Venture Partners’ $300m venture financing of Udaan.com
4) The $300m venture financing of Samsara by Andreessen Horowitz, Dragoneer Investment Group, General Catalyst Partners and Tiger Global Management
5) Insight Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Tiger Global Management and True Ventures’ venture financing of Automattic for $300m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
Visit our ‘Technology Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the technology industry.