Total technology industry venture financing deals in April 2020 worth $479.32m were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 15.9% over the previous month and a rise of 25.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $381.12m.
The UK held a 5.7% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $8.35bn in April 2020.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 70 deals during April 2020, marking a decrease of 1.4% over the previous month and a rise of 16.7% over the 12-month average.
The UK technology industry venture financing deals in April 2020: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 38.2% of the overall value during April 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $183.07m, against the overall value of $479.32m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of April 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ABN AMRO Ventures, Accel, IQ Capital Partners, Partech, Salesforce Ventures and Warburg Pincus’ $80m venture financing of Privitar
2) The $40m venture financing of Glassbox by Brighton Park Capital, CE Ventures, Gefen Capital, Ibex Investors and Updata Partners
3) Minden Worldwide and Vollin Holdings’ $37.49m venture financing of Truphone
The State of Technology This Week
4) The $13m venture financing of Yapily by HV Holtzbrinck Ventures Adviser, Lakestar Capital and LocalGlobe
5) Guinness Asset Management, Maven Capital Partners UK and Stephens Capital Partners’ venture financing of Push Technology for $12.58m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
Visit our ‘Technology Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the technology industry.