Total technology industry venture financing deals in Q2 2020 worth $1.05bn were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 40.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 8.7% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $1.14bn.
The UK held a 3.8% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $27.54bn in Q2 2020.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 197 deals during Q2 2020, marking a drop of 6.2% over the previous quarter and a rise of 7.1% over the last four-quarter average.
The UK technology industry venture financing deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 26.1% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $272.49m, against the overall value of $1.05bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ABN AMRO Ventures, Accel, IQ Capital Partners, Partech, Salesforce Ventures and Warburg Pincus’ $80m venture financing of Privitar
2) The $75m venture financing of Citatrade by ST Global
3) Brighton Park Capital, CE Ventures, Gefen Capital, Ibex Investors and Updata Partners’ $40m venture financing of Glassbox
4) The $40m venture financing of Hopin by Accel, IVP, Northzone Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Seedcamp and Slack Fund
5) Minden Worldwide and Vollin Holdings’ venture financing of Truphone for $37.49m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
Visit our ‘Technology Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the technology industry.