Total technology industry private equity deals in Q2 2020 worth $3.71bn were announced in the US, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 52.3% over the previous quarter and a drop of 75.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $14.95bn.
The US held a 9.7% share of the global technology industry private equity deal value that totalled $38.24bn in Q2 2020.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 106 deals during Q2 2020, marking a drop of 17.8% over the previous quarter and a drop of 18.5% over the last four-quarter average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The US technology industry private equity deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five technology industry private equity deals accounted for 42.2% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology private equity deals stood at $1.57bn, against the overall value of $3.71bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ares Management and Providence Equity Partners’ $400m private equity deal with OUTFRONT Media
2) The $400m private equity deal with Samsara by AllianceBernstein Holding, Andreessen Horowitz, Dragoneer Investment Group, Franklin Templeton Investments, General Atlantic, General Catalyst Partners, Sands Capital Management, Tiger Global Management and Warburg Pincus
3) Warburg Pincus’ $310m private equity deal with WEX
4) The $230m private equity deal with Duck Creek Technologies by Dragoneer Investment Group, Insight Partners, Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment Management and Whale Rock Capital Management
5) Francisco Partners Management’s private equity deal with Eventbrite for $225m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.