Total technology industry venture financing deals in July 2019 worth $3.61bn were announced in the US, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 32.1% over the previous month and a drop of 30.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.17bn.
The US held a 54.5% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $6.63bn in July 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 322 deals during July 2019, marking a decrease of 18.7% over the previous month and a drop of 18.1% over the 12-month average.
The US technology industry venture financing deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 24% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $865m, against the overall value of $3.61bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Insight Partners’ $200m venture financing of OneTrust
2) The $200m venture financing of Gusto by Dragoneer Investment Group, Fidelity Management & Research, General Catalyst Partners, Generation Investment Management and T. Rowe Price Associates
3) Sapphire Ventures’ $200m venture financing of DataRobot
3 Things That Will Change the World Today
4) The $150m venture financing of Thumbtack by Baillie Gifford & and Sequoia Capital India
5) B Capital Group Management, Cross Creek Advisors, Eight Roads Ventures India, Greycroft, Ignition Partners, Meritech Capital Partners, PSP Growth and The PremjiInvest Opportunities Fund’s venture financing of Icertis for $115m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.