Asia-Pacific’s technology industry saw a drop of 11.67% in deal activity during April 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by CVC Capital Partners SICAV-FIS’s $20.9bn acquisition of Toshiba, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 439 technology industry deals worth $38.7bn were announced for the region in April 2021, against the 12-month average of 497 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in April 2021 with 315 transactions, representing a 71.8% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with 108 deals, followed by private equity deals with 16 transactions, respectively capturing a 24.6% and 3.6% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s technology industry with $22.28bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $11.4bn and $5.01bn, respectively.
Asia-Pacific technology industry deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five technology deals accounted for 84.2% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $32.57bn, against the overall value of $38.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CVC Capital Partners SICAV-FIS’s $20.9bn private equity deal with Toshiba
2) The $5.43bn acquisition deal for 81% stake in Intouch by Gulf Energy Development
3) The $4.5bn merger of Altimeter Growth and Grab Holdings
4) The $1.1bn private equity deal with MphasiS by BCP Topco IX, Blackstone Capital Partners (CYM) VIII AIV – F and Blackstone Capital Partners Asia NQ
5) BlackRock, Innovation Growth Ventures, OMERS Infrastructure Management and SoftBank Vision Fund II’s venture financing of Trax Technology Solutions for $640m.