Asia-Pacific’s technology industry saw a rise of 14.17% in deal activity during July 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Abu Dhabi Investment Authority’s $500m private equity deal with EdgePoint Infrastructure, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 564 technology industry deals worth $9.6bn were announced for the region in July 2021, against the 12-month average of 494 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in July 2021 with 425 transactions, representing a 75.4% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with 122 deals, followed by private equity deals with 17 transactions, respectively capturing a 21.6% and 3.01% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s technology industry with $6.22bn, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $2.39bn and $993.21m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific technology industry deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five technology deals accounted for 22% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $2.11bn, against the overall value of $9.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) EdgePoint Infrastructure $500m private equity deal with Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
2) The $468.95m acquisition of 41% stake in Just Dial by Reliance Retail Ventures
3) Beijing ESWIN Technology Group $463.95m venture financing deal with China Internet Investment Fund,China Life Investment Holding,CITIC Securities,Jinshi Investment,Sanxing Capital Management,Shaanxi Financial Holding Group,Xinjin Energy Investment,Yida Capital and ZhongWei Capital
4) The $315m venture financing of Pine Labs by BlackRock,Fidelity Management & Research,IIFL Asset Management,Kotak Mahindra Bank,Neuberger Berman Investment Advisers and Tree Line Capital Partners
5) PlaySimple GamesLtd. $360m acquisition deal with MTG Gaming