Asia-Pacific’s technology industry saw a rise of 5.42% in cross border deal activity during November 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Cathay Capital, HDSC and Huada Industry’s $1.26bn venture financing of GTA Semiconductor, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 175 technology industry cross border deals worth $7.1bn were announced for the region in November 2021, against the 12-month average of 166 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in November 2021 with 132 transactions, representing a 75.4% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with 37 deals, followed by private equity deals with six transactions, respectively capturing a 21.1% and 3.4% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, venture financing was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s technology industry with $4.88bn, while private equity and M&A deals totalled $1.23bn and $940.23m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific technology industry cross border deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five technology cross border deals accounted for 52.2% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology cross border deals stood at $3.68bn, against the overall value of $7.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cross border deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Cathay Capital,HDSC and Huada Industry $1.26bn venture financing deal with GTA Semiconductor
2) The $980.1m private equity of Try Group by CVC Capital Partners Asia V L.P
3) Blossom Capital,Coatue,National Education Association,Paradigm Housing Group,Thrive Capital and Tiger Global Management $555m venture financing deal with MoonPay
4) The $500m venture financing of Xiaohongshu by Alibaba Group Holding,Genesis Capital,Temasek Holdings (Private),Tencent Holdings,Tiantu Capital and Yuansheng Capital
5) Kakao Games Europe $382.5m acquisition of 30.37% stake in Lionheart Studio