Asia-Pacific’s technology industry saw a rise of 7.22% in deal activity during June 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Alberta Investment Management and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board’s $1.95bn private equity deal with BAI Communications, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 520 technology industry deals worth $13.5bn were announced for the region in June 2021, against the 12-month average of 485 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in June 2021 with 403 transactions, representing a 77.5% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with 104 deals, followed by private equity deals with 13 transactions, respectively capturing a 20% and 2.5% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s technology industry with $6.13bn, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $3.91bn and $3.42bn, respectively.
Asia-Pacific technology industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five technology deals accounted for 54.8% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $7.38bn, against the overall value of $13.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alberta Investment Management and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board’s $1.95bn private equity deal with BAI Communications
2) The $1.62bn acquisition deal with Magnachip Semiconductor by Cornucopia Investment Partners, Lombarda China Fund Management, Sino-Rock Investment ManagementLimited, Tim Crown and Yango Financial Holding Investment Group
3) JD.com.Fang and Shanghai Weihao Chuangxin Investment Management’s $1.5bn venture financing of Horizon Robotics
4) The $1.3bn acquisition of Message4U by Sinch
5) BGH Capital’s private equity deal with Hansen Technologies for $1.01bn.