Led by $300m venture financing of Quinto Andar Servicos Imobiliarios, Brazil’s technology industry saw a rise of 50.65% in overall deal activity during Q2 2021, when compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 87 deals worth $1.9bn were announced in Q2 2021, compared with the last four-quarter average of 57.75 deals.
Venture financing was the leading category in the quarter with 49 deals which accounted for 56.3% of all deals.
In second place was M&A with 38 deals accounting for 43.7% of overall deal activity in the Brazil’s technology industry during the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading deal category in Brazil’s technology industry with total deals worth $1.06bn, followed by M&A deals totalled $844.83m.
Brazil technology industry deals in Q2 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry deals accounted for 66.5% of the overall value during Q2 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $1.26bn, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five technology industry deals of Q2 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alta Park Capital, Innovation Fund Insurances, Kaszek Ventures, Kevin Efrusy, LTS, Maverik, Qualcomm Ventures and Ribbit Capital’s $300m venture financing of Quinto Andar Servicos Imobiliarios
2) The $299m acquisition of FiberCo Solucoes de Infraestrutura by IHS Holding
3) Sony Music Entertainment Brasil’s $255.83m acquisition of Son Libre
4) The $220m venture financing deal with GPBR Participacoes by General Atlantic, Kaszek Ventures, Moore Strategic Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund and Valor Capital Group
5) Coatue Management, DST Global Solutions, Fisk Ventures, The Hive Brasil and Valor Capital Group’s venture financing with CloudWalk for $190m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed big data deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.