China’s technology industry saw a rise of 25.00% in overall internet of things deal activity during January 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Aspex, Baillie Gifford, China Securities, Citic Private Equity Funds Management, CloudAlpha Tech Fund, Contemporary Amperex Technology, Hermitage Capital HK, Neumann Advisors, ORIX, SDHS Capital, YF Capital and Yuantai Changqing Fund’s $400m venture financing of Horizon Robotics, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 25 internet of things deals worth $1.09bn were announced in January 2021, compared with the 12-month average of 20 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 23 deals, which accounted for 92% of all internet of things deals.
In second place was M&A with one internet of things deals, followed by private equity with one transactions, respectively accounting for 4% and 4% of overall deal activity in the China’s technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of internet of things deals, venture financing was the leading deal category in China’s technology industry with total deals worth $1.05bn, while private equity and M&A deals totalled $40m and $2.78m, respectively.
China technology industry internet of things deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry internet of things deals accounted for 92.3% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology internet of things deals stood at $1.01bn, against the overall value of $1.09bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry internet of things deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Aspex, Baillie Gifford, China Securities, Citic Private Equity Funds Management, CloudAlpha Tech Fund, Contemporary Amperex Technology, Hermitage Capital HK, Neumann Advisors, ORIX, SDHS Capital, YF Capital and Yuantai Changqing Fund’s $400m venture financing of Horizon Robotics
2) The $300m venture financing of Didi Chuxing by CCB International Holdings, Guotai Junan International, IDG Capital and Russia-China Investment Fund
3) Guofang Capital, Olympus Capital, Shaoxing Yuexin Fund and Yunfeng Fund L.P’s $154.14m venture financing of MEMSIC
4) The $107.9m venture financing deal with Shanghai Tiandihui Supply Chain Management by CITIC Securities, Qifu Capital Management, Unicom Capital and Yingshi Fund
5) CITIC Industrial Fund, Fangguang Capital and SDIC China Merchants Investment Management’s venture financing with Jaka Robot for $46.4m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.