Europe’s technology industry saw a rise of 32.43% in big data deal activity during December 2020, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Baillie Gifford, Draper Esprit, Fidelity International, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and Schroder British Opportunities Trust’s $222m acquisition of Graphcore, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 49 technology industry big data deals worth $634.19m were announced for the region in December 2020, against the 12-month average of 37 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in December 2020 with 22 transactions, representing a 44.9% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was venture financing with 19 deals, followed by private equity deals with eight transactions, respectively capturing a 38.8% and 16.3% share of the overall big data deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of big data deals, venture financing was the leading category in Europe’s technology industry with $290.26m, while private equity and M&A deals totalled $228.15m and $115.78m, respectively.
Europe technology industry big data deals in December 2020: Top deals
The top five technology big data deals accounted for 86.3% of the overall value during December 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology big data deals stood at $547.47m, against the overall value of $634.19m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry big data deals of December 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baillie Gifford, Draper Esprit, Fidelity International, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and Schroder British Opportunities Trust’s $222m venture financing of Graphcore
2) The $170.35m private equity deal with Infront by Inflexion Private Equity Partners
3) Byggfakta Group’s $97.32m acquisition of Glenigan
4) The $35.32m private equity deal with PAGero by Robur Fokus, Summa Equity, SwedBank Robur Microcap and The Sixth AP Fund
5) Envitia Group- Management Team and Maven UK Regional Buyout Fund’s private equity deal with Envitia Group for $22.48m.