Led by $10bn merger of ironSource and Thoma Bravo Advantage, Middle East and Africa’s technology industry saw a rise of 38.67% in big data deal activity during Q1 2021, when compared to the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 26 big data deals worth $10.35bn were announced for the region during Q1 2021, against the last four-quarter average of 18.75 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in Q1 2021 with 19 deals, representing a 73.1% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with five deals, followed by private equity deals with two transactions, respectively capturing a 19.2% and 7.7% share of the overall big data deal activity for the quarter.
In terms of value of big data deals, M&A was the leading category in Middle East and Africa’s technology industry with $10.03bn, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $187.88m and $137.57m, respectively.
Middle East and Africa technology industry big data deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five technology big data deals accounted for a 99.2% share of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five big data deals stood at $10.27bn, against the overall value of $10.35bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five technology industry big data deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The $10bn merger of ironSource and Thoma Bravo Advantage
2) The $137.57m private equity deal for 62.5% stake in E&M Computing by FIMI Opportunity Funds
3) Insight Partners, Israel Growth Partners, Jerusalem Venture Partners and Vintage Investment Partners’ $75m venture financing of Earnix
4) The $30m venture financing deal with Granulate Cloud Solutions by Dawn Capital, Hetz Ventures Management, Insight Partners, Red Dot Capital Partners and TLV Partners
5) Digital Turbine’s acquisition of Triapodi for $28.5m.