Total technology industry artificial intelligence Venture Financing deals worth $1.02bn were announced in the US in January 2021, led by $138.3m Venture Financing of Globality, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 35.03% over the previous month of $1.57bn and a drop of 12.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.16bn.
The US held a 32.90% share of the global technology industry artificial intelligence Venture Financing deal value that totalled $3.1bn in January 2021.
In terms of artificial intelligence Venture Financing deal activity, the US recorded 61 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 21.79% over the previous month and a drop of 15.28% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
US technology industry artificial intelligence Venture Financing deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry artificial intelligence Venture Financing deals accounted for 56.2% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology artificial intelligence Venture Financing deals stood at $575.3m, against the overall value of $1.02bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry artificial intelligence Venture Financing deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Sienna Capital S.a and SoftBank Vision Fund’s $138.3m venture financing of Globality
2) The $132m venture financing of Kang Health by 14W Venture Partners, BoxGroup, GGV Capital, Kaiser Permanente pension fund, LTS Investments, Marcy Venture Partners, Max-Ventures, PICO Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners and Valor Equity Partners
3) Francisco Partners Management and IDG Capital’s $115m venture financing of Particle Media
4) The $110m venture financing of Workato by Altimeter Capital Management, Battery Ventures, Insight Partners and Redpoint Ventures
5) Afif Khoury, Ankona Capital, Doug Winter and JMI Equity Fund’s venture financing of SOCi for $80m.