Led by $500m venture financing of Black Sesame Intelligent Technology, total technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals worth $2.1bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in Q3 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 25.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 42.8% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $3.62bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 29.45% share of the global technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deal value that totalled $7.03bn in Q3 2022. With an 18.92% share and deals worth $1.33bn, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s artificial intelligence venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 220 artificial intelligence deals during Q3 2022, marking a decrease of 8.33% over the previous quarter and a drop of 9.56% over the last four-quarter average. China recorded 77 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals in Q3 2022: Top deals
The top five artificial intelligence venture financing deals accounted for 47.8% of the overall value during Q3 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology artificial intelligence venture financing deals stood at $986.68m, against the overall value of $2.1bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five technology artificial intelligence deals of Q3 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beijing Xinding Rongsheng Capital Management, El Camino Capital, GF Xinde Investment Management, Hanhai, Hina Group Fund, Industrial Bank, Northbeta Yinuo Capital, Summitview Capital and Yangzijiang Financial Holding’s $500m venture financing deal with Black Sesame Intelligent Technology
2) The $150m venture financing of RoboSense by China Structural Reform Fund and Mirae Asset Securities
3) HOPU Fund II, HOPU-Arm Innovation Fund, Shanghai guosheng (group), Vista Investments and ZGC Science City Science and Technology Growth Fund’s $148.68m venture financing deal with Iluvatar CoreX
4) The $100m venture financing of Geek+ by Intel Capital, Qingyue Capital Investment and Vertex Growth Fund
5) Aptiv and ZF Friedrichshafen’s $88m venture financing deal with (Korea) and Stradvision