Total technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals worth $642m were announced in Asia-Pacific in January 2022, led by $144.92m venture financing of QRAFT Technologies, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 52.5% over the previous month of $1.35bn and a drop of 59.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.59bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 12.76% share of the global technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deal value that totalled $5.03bn in January 2022. With a 5.99% share and deals worth $301.5m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s artificial intelligence venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of artificial intelligence venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 48 deals during January 2022, marking a decrease of 37.66% over the previous month and a drop of 40.74% over the 12-month average. China recorded 25 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals accounted for 72.6% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology artificial intelligence venture financing deals stood at $465.92m, against the overall value of $642m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) SoftBank $144.92m venture financing deal with QRAFT Technologies
2) The $126m venture financing of Aixin Technology by Beijing Heju Investment Management,GGV Capital,Glory Ventures,Inno-Chip,Legend Star Capital,Meituan and Qiming Venture Partners
3) Gaorong Capital,Sequoia China Seed Fund and Wuyuan Capital $100m venture financing deal with Hyperparameter Technology (Shenzhen)
4) The $50m venture financing of TheMathCompany by Arihant Patni and Brighton Park Capital
5) Sequoia Capital India and Tiger Global Management $45m venture financing deal with Avataar.Me