Total technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals worth $711.35m were announced in Asia-Pacific in February 2021, led by $350m venture financing of Horizon Robotics, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 62.4% over the previous month of $1.89bn and a drop of 30.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.02bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 17.10% share of the global technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deal value that totalled $4.16bn in February 2021. With a 12.28% share and deals worth $511.02m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s artificial intelligence venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of artificial intelligence venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 51 deals during February 2021, marking a decrease of 35.44% over the previous month and a drop of 30.14% over the 12-month average. China recorded 22 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals accounted for 76.6% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology artificial intelligence venture financing deals stood at $545.07m, against the overall value of $711.35m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry artificial intelligence venture financing deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) BYD Auto, Changzhou Xingyu Car Lamp, Dongfeng Asset Management, Great Wall Motor, Shanghai AI Innovation and Sunny Optical Technology (Group)’s $350m venture financing of Horizon Robotics
2) The $100m venture financing of Verse Innovation by Glade Brook Capital Partners and Qatar Investment Authority
3) Qingdao Guoxin Financial Holding, Qingdao Jiaozhou Industrial Fund and Qingdao Urban Construction Investment (Group)’s $46.57m venture financing of Shanghai Gaozhong Information Technology
4) The $25m venture financing of SDoubtnut by ON Mauritius, Sequoia Capital India AdvisorsLtd., SIG Global India Fund and WaterBridge Ventures
5) Balderton Capital, Chris Schagen, John Thompson (Microsoft), Lightspeed India Partners and Lightspeed Management Company’ venture financing of Hubilo Softech for $23.5m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed artificial intelligence deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.