Total technology industry big data deals worth $23bn were announced globally for June 2021, with the $10bn private equity deal with QTS Realty Trust being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 55.5% over the previous month of $51.73bn and a rise of 7.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $21.42bn.
In terms of number of big data deals, the sector saw a drop of 3.98% with 169 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 176 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with big data deals worth $18.2bn in June 2021.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
technology industry big data deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five big data deals accounted for 86.8% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five big data deals stood at $19.99bn, against the overall value of $23bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry big data deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Blackstone Infrastructure Partners, Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and The Blackstone Group’s $10bn private equity deal with QTS Realty Trust
2) The $5.49bn private equity deal with Cloudera by Dubilier & Rice, Clayton and KKRInc
3) Altice UK $3.11bn acquisition of 12.1% stake in BT Group
4) The $1bn venture financing deal of Celonis by Arena Holdings, Durable Capital Partners, Franklin Templeton Investments, Splunk Ventures and T Rowe Price Associates
5) American Express Ventures, Blumberg Capital, Citi Ventures, Mouro Capital and TCV’s venture financing deal with Trulioo for $394m.