Total technology industry big data venture financing deals worth $3bn were announced in North America in August 2021, led by $1.6bn venture financing of Databricks, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 160.5% over the previous month of $1.14bn and a rise of 118.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.36bn.
North America held a 74.62% share of the global technology industry big data venture financing deal value that totalled $3.98bn in August 2021. With a 69.35% share and deals worth $2.76bn, the US was the top country in North America’s big data venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of big data venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 43 deals during August 2021, marking an increase of 2.38% over the previous month and a drop of 12.24% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 40 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
North America technology industry big data venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry big data venture financing deals accounted for 77.5% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology big data venture financing deals stood at $2.3bn, against the overall value of $3bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry big data venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alta Park Capital,Andreessen Horowitz,Baillie Gifford Life,BlackRock,BNY Mellon funds,ClearBridge Investments,Coatue Management,Counterpoint Global,Discovery Capital,Dragoneer Investment Group,Fidelity Investments,Franklin Resources,Gaingels,General Insuranceof India,Geodesic Capital,Green Bay Ventures,Greenoaks Partners,Insight Partners,New Enterprise Associates,Octahedron Capital Management,T. Rowe Price Services,The House Fund,Tiger Global Management,UC Investments and Whale Rock Capital Management $1.6bn venture financing deal with Databricks
2) The $220m venture financing of Raintank by Coatue Management,GIC,Lead Edge Capital Management,Lightspeed Management Company and Sequoia Capital US
3) Charles River Ventures,Citi Ventures,CrowdStrike,Greylock Partners,IVP,Redpoint Ventures and Sequoia Capital US $200m venture financing deal with Cribl
4) The $175m venture financing of Hopper by Accomplice,Glade Brook Capital Partners,Goldman Sachs Growth Equity,GPI Capital and Westcap Group
5) Dell Technologies Capital,Glynn Capital Management,GV Management Co,Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers,Permira Holdings,Salesforce Ventures and Stripes Group $103m venture financing deal with Monetology