The $565m venture financing of Fivetran was the technology industry’s top cloud venture financing deal as total deals worth $6.1bn were announced globally in September 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 13.2% over the previous month of $5.37bn and a rise of 27.5% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $4.77bn.
Comparing cloud venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $2.48bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $2.47bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for technology industry cloud venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of cloud venture financing deals activity in September 2021 was the US with 70 deals, followed by the China with 18 and the UK with 15.
In 2021, as of September, technology cloud venture financing deals worth $54.05bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 216.6% year on year.
technology industry cloud venture financing deals in September 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry cloud venture financing deals accounted for 33.7% of the overall value during September 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology cloud venture financing deals stood at $2.05bn, against the overall value of $6.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cloud venture financing deals of September 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Andreessen Horowitz,CEAS Investments I,D1 Capital Partners,General Catalyst Partners,ICONIQ Capital,Matrix Partners and YC Continuity $565m venture financing deal with Fivetran
2) The $555m venture financing of Mirakl by 83North Venture Capital,Elaia Partners,Felix Capital Partners,Permira Holdings and Silver Lake Management
3) Accel,Addition,Alkeon Capital,Atlassian Ventures,Baillie Gifford US Growth Trust,BlackRock,Boldstart Ventures,Canaan Partners,Coatue Management,Franklin Templeton Investments,Geodesic Capital,Koch Strategic Platforms,Lone Pine Capital,Salesforce Ventures,Sands Capital Management,T. Rowe Price Group,Temasek Investments,Tiger Global Management and Whale Rock Capital Management $530m venture financing deal with Snyk
4) The $200m venture financing of Aviatrix Systems by CRV,Formation 8,General Catalyst Partners,Greenspring Associates,Ignition Partners,Insight Partners,Liberty Global Ventures,Meritech Capital Partners,TCV,Tiger Global Management and TrueBridge Capital Partners
5) AirTree Ventures,Bessemer Venture Partners,Blackbird Ventures,Dragoneer Investment Group,Felicis Ventures,Franklin Resources,Greenoaks Capital Management,Sequoia Capital Global Equities and T. Rowe Price Group $200m venture financing deal with Canva