Total technology industry cross border venture financing deals worth $2.6bn were announced in Europe in July 2021, led by $800m venture financing of Revolut, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 25.1% over the previous month of $3.43bn and a rise of 42.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.8bn.
Europe held a 22.66% share of the global technology industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $11.34bn in July 2021. With an 11.11% share and deals worth $1.26bn, the UK was the top country in Europe’s cross border venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of cross border venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 114 deals during July 2021, marking a decrease of 8.06% over the previous month and a rise of 23.91% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 39 deals during the month.
Europe technology industry cross border venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 55.2% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology cross border venture financing deals stood at $1.42bn, against the overall value of $2.57bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cross border venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Revolut $800m venture financing deal with SoftBank Vision Fund II and Tiger Global Management
2) The $175m venture financing of Contentful by Base10 Advancement Initiative,Tidemark Holdings and Tiger Global Management
3) Younited $170m venture financing deal with AG2R La Mondiale,BPI France,Bridgepoint Advisers,Eurazeo and Goldman Sachs Asset Management International
4) Quantexa $153m venture financing deal with ABN AMRO Ventures,AlbionVC,British Patient Capital,Dawn Capital,Evolution Equity Partners,HSBC and Warburg Pincus
5) The $119m venture financing of Rohlik.cz Finance by Index Ventures,Partech Ventures and Quadrille Capital
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.