Total technology industry cross border venture financing deals worth $220.6m were announced in the UK in August 2021, led by $100m venture financing of Palta, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 83.3% over the previous month of $1.32bn and a drop of 57.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $522.73m.
The UK held a 2.03% share of the global technology industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $10.88bn in August 2021.
In terms of cross border venture financing deal activity, the UK recorded 25 deals during August 2021, marking a decrease of 37.50% over the previous month and a drop of 13.79% over the 12-month average.
UK technology industry cross border venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 73.7% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology cross border venture financing deals stood at $162.57m, against the overall value of $220.6m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cross border venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Per Brilioth and Target Global $100m venture financing deal with Palta
2) The $22m venture financing of Aforza by Bonfire Ventures,Daher Capital,DN Capital (UK) and Next47
3) Initialized Capital,Pentech Ventures and Y Combinator alumni $20m venture financing deal with Stacker
4) The $11.57m venture financing of Monolith AI by Alejandro Agag,Apex Black,Insight Partners,Pentech Ventures,Stanford Angels of the United Kingdom and Touchstone Partners
5) Citi Ventures,Okta Ventures and Sozo Ventures $9m venture financing deal with CheckRecipient
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.