Led by $720m private equity deal with ThoughtWorks, total technology industry private equity deals worth $3.8bn were announced in the US in January 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 83.5% over the previous month of $23.08bn and a drop of 61% when compared with the last 12-month average of $9.74bn.
The US held an 88.58% share of the global technology industry private equity deal value that totalled $4.29bn in January 2021.
In terms of private equity deal activity, the US recorded 62 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 8.82% over the previous month and a rise of 29.17% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
US technology industry private equity deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry private equity deals accounted for 49.3% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology private equity deals stood at $1.87bn, against the overall value of $3.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry private equity deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Fidelity Management & Research, GIC, Mubadala Investment and Siemens’ $720m private equity deal with ThoughtWorks
2) The $500m private equity deal with Greenhouse Software by The Rise Fund and TPG Growth
3) ClearBridge Investments, Franklin Resources, Leumi Partners, Neuberger Berman, Qatar Investment Authority and Teca Partners’ $270m private equity deal with Paycor
4) The $204m private equity deal with comScore by Cerberus Capital Management, Charter Communications and Qurate Retail
5) LLR Partners, NewSpring Capital and PNC Bank NA’s private equity deal with Message Systems for $180m.