Led by $720m private equity deal with ThoughtWorks, total technology industry private equity deals worth $3.8bn were announced in the US in January 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 83.5% over the previous month of $23.08bn and a drop of 61% when compared with the last 12-month average of $9.74bn.
The US held an 88.58% share of the global technology industry private equity deal value that totalled $4.29bn in January 2021.
In terms of private equity deal activity, the US recorded 62 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 8.82% over the previous month and a rise of 29.17% over the 12-month average.
US technology industry private equity deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry private equity deals accounted for 49.3% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology private equity deals stood at $1.87bn, against the overall value of $3.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry private equity deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Fidelity Management & Research, GIC, Mubadala Investment and Siemens’ $720m private equity deal with ThoughtWorks
2) The $500m private equity deal with Greenhouse Software by The Rise Fund and TPG Growth
3) ClearBridge Investments, Franklin Resources, Leumi Partners, Neuberger Berman, Qatar Investment Authority and Teca Partners’ $270m private equity deal with Paycor
4) The $204m private equity deal with comScore by Cerberus Capital Management, Charter Communications and Qurate Retail
5) LLR Partners, NewSpring Capital and PNC Bank NA’s private equity deal with Message Systems for $180m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cloud-deals deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.