Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $1.7bn were announced in India in November 2021, led by $840m venture financing of Dream Sports, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 25.6% over the previous month of $1.37bn and a rise of 20.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.43bn.
India held a 4.83% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $35.64bn in November 2021.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, India recorded 86 deals during November 2021, marking a decrease of 7.53% over the previous month and a rise of 19.44% over the 12-month average.
India technology industry venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 69.5% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $1.2bn, against the overall value of $1.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) D1 Capital Partners,DST Global,Falcon Edge India,Footpath Ventures,RedBird Capital Partners,Tiger Global Management and TPG Capital $840m venture financing deal with Dream Sports
2) The $185m venture financing of Shiprocket by Bertelsmann Nederland,Deepinder Goyal,Kunal Shah,Razorpay Software and Zomato
3) Glade Brook Capital Partners,Lachy Groom,Manik Gupta,Neeraj Arora and Y Combinator Management $60m venture financing deal with KiranaKart Technologies
4) The $60m venture financing of Samast Technologies Pvt. by Lightspeed Management Company and Zomato
5) 021 Capital,Beenext,Binny Bansal,GSV Ventures and Premji Invest $51m venture financing deal with M/s Brightchamps Tech
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.