Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $10.5bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in November 2021, led by $1.3bn venture financing of GoTo, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 58.7% over the previous month of $6.64bn and a rise of 63.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.43bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 29.57% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $35.64bn in November 2021. With a 14.23% share and deals worth $5.07bn, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 472 deals during November 2021, marking a decrease of 1.05% over the previous month and a rise of 19.49% over the 12-month average. China recorded 204 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific technology industry venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 42.3% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $4.46bn, against the overall value of $10.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Abu Dhabi Investment Group,Avanda Investment Management,Fidelity International,Google,Permodalan Nasional Berhard,Primavera Capital Group,SeaTown Master Fund,Temasek Holdings (Private),Tencent and Ward Ferry Management $1.3bn venture financing deal with GoTo
2) The $1.26bn venture financing of GTA Semiconductor by Cathay Capital,HDSC and Huada Industry
3) D1 Capital Partners,DST Global,Falcon Edge India,Footpath Ventures,RedBird Capital Partners,Tiger Global Management and TPG Capital $840m venture financing deal with Dream Sports
4) The $555m venture financing of MoonPay by Blossom Capital,Coatue,National Education Association,Paradigm Housing Group,Thrive Capital and Tiger Global Management
5) Bosch Rexroth,Cathay Capital (China),General Motors,GGV Jiyuan Capital,IDG Capital,Mercedes-Benz Vans,SAIC Motor,Shunwei Capital Partners,Temasek Holdings (Private),Tencent Holdings,Toyota Motor and YF Capital $500m venture financing deal with Momenta.ai
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.