Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $12.8bn were announced in North America in April 2021, led by $1bn venture financing of Epic Games, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 10.8% over the previous month of $14.33bn and a rise of 66.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.68bn.
North America held a 58.95% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $21.68bn in April 2021. With a 57.43% share and deals worth $12.45bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 500 deals during April 2021, marking a decrease of 17.90% over the previous month and a rise of 20.48% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 478 deals during the month.
North America technology industry venture financing deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 21.3% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $2.73bn, against the overall value of $12.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AllianceBernstein,Altimeter Capital Management,Appaloosa Management,Baillie Gifford,BlackRock,Fidelity Management & Research,Franklin Resources,GIC,KKRInc,Luxor Capital Group,Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan,Park West Asset Management,Sony and T. Rowe Price Group $1bn venture financing deal with Epic Games
2) The $676m venture financing of SambaNova Systems by BlackRock,GIC,GV Management Co,Intel Capital,SoftBank Vision Fund II,Temasek Holdings (Private),Walden International and WRVI Capital
3) Altimeter Capital Management,Andreessen Horowitz,Index Ventures,Kleiner Perkins,New Enterprise Associates,Ribbit Capital,Silver Lake Partners,Spark Capital and Thrive Capital $425m venture financing deal with Plaid
4) The $325m venture financing of Scale AI by Coatue Management,Dragoneer Investment Group,Durable Capital Partners,Founders Fund,Greenoaks Capital Management,Index Ventures (US),Tiger Global Management,Wellington ManagementLLP and Y Combinator Management
5) Addition,Boardman Bay Capital Management,D1 Capital Partners,Firebolt Ventures,GCM Grosvenor,General Global Capital,Infinitum Partners,TDK Ventures,The Spruce House Partnership,Tiger Global Management,Tru Arrow Partners,XN – US and XTX Ventures $300m venture financing deal with Groq
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed big data deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.