Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $2.8bn were announced in Europe in August 2021, led by $711.95m venture financing of Bolt Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 23.5% over the previous month of $3.7bn and a rise of 1.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.78bn.
Europe held a 10.53% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $26.87bn in August 2021. With a 3.48% share and deals worth $933.92m, the UK was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 228 deals during August 2021, marking a decrease of 16.79% over the previous month and a drop of 9.16% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 77 deals during the month.
Europe technology industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 45.6% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $1.29bn, against the overall value of $2.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) D1 Capital Partners,G Squared,Ghisallo Partners,Naya Ventures,Sequoia Capital Operations and Tekne Capital Management $711.95m venture financing deal with Bolt Technology
2) The $240m venture financing of Gelato by Dawn Capital,Goldman Sachs Asset Management Private Equity,Insight Partners,John Hepburn,SEB Pensionsforsikring,SoftBank Vision Fund II and Tellef Thorleifsson
3) Sapphire Ventures and SoftBank Vision Fund 2 $120m venture financing deal with Adverity
4) The $117.27m venture financing of SellerX by 83North Venture Capital,Cherry Ventures,Felix Capital Partners,L Catterton and Sofina
5) Per Brilioth and Target Global $100m venture financing deal with Palta
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed big data deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.