Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $259.95m were announced in the in Q1 2021, with $45.63m venture financing of Bolster Creative being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 16.1% over the previous quarter and a rise of 15.4% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $225.3m.
Australia held a 0.35% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $75.02bn in Q1 2021.
In terms of deal activity, Australia recorded 29 deals during Q1 2021, marking a decrease of 19.44% over the previous quarter and a a drop of 16.55% over the last four-quarter average.
Australia technology industry venture financing deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 63.3% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five venture financing deals stood at $164.62m, against the overall value of $259.95m recorded for the quarter.
The top five technology industry deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AirTree Ventures, Coatue Management, Index Ventures and Insight Partners’ $45.63m venture financing of Bolster Creative
2) The $34.68m venture financing of Phocas Group by Ellerston Capital and OneVentures
3) AirTree Ventures, OneVentures, Salesforce Ventures and SEEK’s $34.65m venture financing of Employment Hero
4) The $26.56m venture financing of Lexer by Blackbird Ventures, January Capital and King River Capital
5) Clean Energy Finance and Telus’ venture financing of AgriWebb Pty. for $23.1m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cloud-deals deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.