Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $259.95m were announced in the in Q1 2021, with $45.63m venture financing of Bolster Creative being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 16.1% over the previous quarter and a rise of 15.4% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $225.3m.
Australia held a 0.35% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $75.02bn in Q1 2021.
In terms of deal activity, Australia recorded 29 deals during Q1 2021, marking a decrease of 19.44% over the previous quarter and a a drop of 16.55% over the last four-quarter average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Australia technology industry venture financing deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 63.3% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five venture financing deals stood at $164.62m, against the overall value of $259.95m recorded for the quarter.
The top five technology industry deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AirTree Ventures, Coatue Management, Index Ventures and Insight Partners’ $45.63m venture financing of Bolster Creative
2) The $34.68m venture financing of Phocas Group by Ellerston Capital and OneVentures
3) AirTree Ventures, OneVentures, Salesforce Ventures and SEEK’s $34.65m venture financing of Employment Hero
4) The $26.56m venture financing of Lexer by Blackbird Ventures, January Capital and King River Capital
5) Clean Energy Finance and Telus’ venture financing of AgriWebb Pty. for $23.1m.