Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $379.52m were announced in the UK in February 2021, led by $40m venture financing of Isotropic Systems, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 40.1% over the previous month of $633.49m and a drop of 33.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $567.69m.
The UK held a 2.26% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $16.77bn in February 2021.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the UK recorded 77 deals during February 2021, marking an increase of 5.48% over the previous month and a rise of 6.94% over the 12-month average.
UK technology industry venture financing deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 31.5% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $119.37m, against the overall value of $379.52m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Boeing Horizon X Ventures, Firmament Group, Future Fund (UK), Global ventures, Orbital Ventures, SES and Space Angels Network’s $40m venture financing of Isotropic Systems
2) The $21m venture financing of Peak AI by Arete Ventures, MMC Ventures, Oxx and Praetura Ventures
3) Connect Ventures, Emergence Capital Partners and Slack Fund’s $20m venture financing of Oyster HR
4) The $19.37m venture financing of Threadneedle Software by AlbionVC, Citigroup and HSBC Venture Capital
5) Metaplanet Holdings, Monashees, Mosaic Ventures and Notion Capital’s venture financing of Vortexa for $19m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cloud-deals deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.