Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $5bn were announced in Europe in March 2022, led by $768m venture financing of Getir, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 60.7% over the previous month of $3.13bn and a rise of 21.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.14bn.
Europe held a 19.50% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $25.79bn in March 2022. With a 5.51% share and deals worth $1.42bn, the UK was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 308 deals during March 2022, marking a decrease of 1.28% over the previous month and a rise of 5.84% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 115 deals during the month.
Europe technology industry venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
How well do you really know your competitors?
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 38.2% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $1.92bn, against the overall value of $5bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG),Alpha Wave Global,Mubadala Investment,Sequoia Capital Operations and Tiger Global Management $768m venture financing deal with Getir
2) The $549m venture financing of Doctolib by Bpifrance Participations,Eurazeo and General Atlantic
3) A.P. Moeller Holding,G SQUARED,Northzone Ventures,SoftBank Vision Fund II,The Disruptive Fund and Unbound $250m venture financing deal with FreightHub
4) The $187.08m venture financing of Oakbrook Finance by Atalaya Capital Management and JPMorgan Chase
5) Bpifrance Large Venture,Hi Inov,Highland Europe Technology Growth,One Peak Partners,REVAIA and Statkraft Ventures $165.73m venture financing deal with Deepki