Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $5bn were announced in Europe in March 2022, led by $768m venture financing of Getir, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 60.7% over the previous month of $3.13bn and a rise of 21.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.14bn.
Europe held a 19.50% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $25.79bn in March 2022. With a 5.51% share and deals worth $1.42bn, the UK was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 308 deals during March 2022, marking a decrease of 1.28% over the previous month and a rise of 5.84% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 115 deals during the month.
Europe technology industry venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 38.2% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $1.92bn, against the overall value of $5bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG),Alpha Wave Global,Mubadala Investment,Sequoia Capital Operations and Tiger Global Management $768m venture financing deal with Getir
2) The $549m venture financing of Doctolib by Bpifrance Participations,Eurazeo and General Atlantic
3) A.P. Moeller Holding,G SQUARED,Northzone Ventures,SoftBank Vision Fund II,The Disruptive Fund and Unbound $250m venture financing deal with FreightHub
4) The $187.08m venture financing of Oakbrook Finance by Atalaya Capital Management and JPMorgan Chase
5) Bpifrance Large Venture,Hi Inov,Highland Europe Technology Growth,One Peak Partners,REVAIA and Statkraft Ventures $165.73m venture financing deal with Deepki
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.