Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $6.7bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in August 2021, led by $650m venture financing of Eruditus Learning Solutions Pte., according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 9.5% over the previous month of $6.13bn and a rise of 19.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.62bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 24.97% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $26.87bn in August 2021. With a 12.47% share and deals worth $3.35bn, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 472 deals during August 2021, marking an increase of 8.26% over the previous month and a rise of 32.58% over the 12-month average. China recorded 220 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific technology industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 31.1% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $2.09bn, against the overall value of $6.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Accel,Bertelsmann,Canada Pension Plan Investment Board,Chan Zuckerberg Initiative,DST Global,Leeds Illuminate,Prosus Ventures,Sequoia India,SoftBank Vision Fund II and Tiger Global Management $650m venture financing deal with Eruditus Learning Solutions Pte.
2) The $450m venture financing of Verse Innovation by B Capital Group Management,Baillie Gifford,Carlyle Asia Partners Growth II,Qatar Investment Authority,Siguler Guff & Company and Sofina Group
3) Deepinder Goyal,General Atlantic,Mirae Asset Global Investments,Ritesh Agarwal,SoftBank Vision Fund II,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tiger Global Management $440m venture financing deal with Sorting Hat Technologies
4) The $308m venture financing of Newlinks (Beijing) Technology by China Merchants Capital Investment and CICC Capital ManagementLimited
5) CCB International Capital,Coatue Management,One Store,Tencent Holdings and Tiantu Capital $240m venture financing deal with Quick Watch World (Beijing) Technology
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed big data deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.