Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $6.7bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in August 2021, led by $650m venture financing of Eruditus Learning Solutions Pte., according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 9.5% over the previous month of $6.13bn and a rise of 19.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.62bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 24.97% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $26.87bn in August 2021. With a 12.47% share and deals worth $3.35bn, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 472 deals during August 2021, marking an increase of 8.26% over the previous month and a rise of 32.58% over the 12-month average. China recorded 220 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific technology industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 31.1% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $2.09bn, against the overall value of $6.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Accel,Bertelsmann,Canada Pension Plan Investment Board,Chan Zuckerberg Initiative,DST Global,Leeds Illuminate,Prosus Ventures,Sequoia India,SoftBank Vision Fund II and Tiger Global Management $650m venture financing deal with Eruditus Learning Solutions Pte.
2) The $450m venture financing of Verse Innovation by B Capital Group Management,Baillie Gifford,Carlyle Asia Partners Growth II,Qatar Investment Authority,Siguler Guff & Company and Sofina Group
3) Deepinder Goyal,General Atlantic,Mirae Asset Global Investments,Ritesh Agarwal,SoftBank Vision Fund II,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tiger Global Management $440m venture financing deal with Sorting Hat Technologies
4) The $308m venture financing of Newlinks (Beijing) Technology by China Merchants Capital Investment and CICC Capital ManagementLimited
5) CCB International Capital,Coatue Management,One Store,Tencent Holdings and Tiantu Capital $240m venture financing deal with Quick Watch World (Beijing) Technology