Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $780.2m were announced in Middle East and Africa in May 2021, led by $120m venture financing of Wiz, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 47.6% over the previous month of $528.52m and a rise of 83.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $424.57m.
Middle East and Africa held a 3.85% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $20.25bn in May 2021. With a 3.40% share and deals worth $687.71m, Israel was the top country in Middle East and Africa’s venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Middle East and Africa recorded 64 deals during May 2021, marking an increase of 10.34% over the previous month and a rise of 33.33% over the 12-month average. Israel recorded 25 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Middle East and Africa technology industry venture financing deals in May 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 42.2% of the overall value during May 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $329m, against the overall value of $780.2m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of May 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Blackstone Capital Partners and Salesforce.Com’s $120m venture financing of Wiz
2) The $75m venture financing of Explorium by 01 Advisors 01, Dynamic Loop Capital, Emerge VC, F2 Capital, Fort Ross Ventures, Insight Partners, Vintage Investment Partners and Zeev Ventures
3) Bank Mizrahi-Tefahot, Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP) and La Maison Partners’ $47m venture financing of AnyClip
4) The $45m venture financing of SCymulate by Dell Technologies Capital, One Peak Partners, Susquehanna Growth Equity, Vertex Growth Fund and Vertex Ventures Israel
5) Accel, Bessemer Venture Partners, Lightspeed Management Company and Salesforce Ventures’ venture financing of Salto Labs for $42m.