Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $921.5m were announced in Canada in January 2022, led by $620m venture financing of AgileBits, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 86.8% over the previous month of $493.24m and a rise of 50.05% when compared with the last 12-month average of $614.13m.
Canada held a 3.57% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $25.81bn in January 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Canada recorded 30 deals during January 2022, marking an increase of 3.45% over the previous month and a drop of 3.23% over the 12-month average.
Canada technology industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 85.4% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $787.19m, against the overall value of $921.5m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Accel,Backbone Angels,ICONIQ Growth,Lightspeed Management Company,Robert Downey Jr.,Ryan Reynolds ,Scarlett Johansson and Tiger Global Management $620m venture financing deal with AgileBits
2) The $50.05m venture financing of BenchSci Analytics by F-Prime,iNovia Capital and TCV VII
3) Stephan Cretier $46.95m venture financing deal with Vosker
4) The $35.2m venture financing of Shakepay by Boost VC,BoxOne Ventures,Broadhaven Capital Partners,Dan Debow,Farhan Thawar,Golden Venture Partners,Henri Machalani,Jevon MacDonald,Mark Macleod and Mike Murchison
5) HarbourVest Partners,Portage Ventures,Royal Bank of Canada,Spark Capital and Ten Coves Capital $35m venture financing deal with Gradient Boosted Investments
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed big data deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.