Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $921.5m were announced in Canada in January 2022, led by $620m venture financing of AgileBits, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 86.8% over the previous month of $493.24m and a rise of 50.05% when compared with the last 12-month average of $614.13m.
Canada held a 3.57% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $25.81bn in January 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Canada recorded 30 deals during January 2022, marking an increase of 3.45% over the previous month and a drop of 3.23% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Canada technology industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 85.4% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $787.19m, against the overall value of $921.5m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Accel,Backbone Angels,ICONIQ Growth,Lightspeed Management Company,Robert Downey Jr.,Ryan Reynolds ,Scarlett Johansson and Tiger Global Management $620m venture financing deal with AgileBits
2) The $50.05m venture financing of BenchSci Analytics by F-Prime,iNovia Capital and TCV VII
3) Stephan Cretier $46.95m venture financing deal with Vosker
4) The $35.2m venture financing of Shakepay by Boost VC,BoxOne Ventures,Broadhaven Capital Partners,Dan Debow,Farhan Thawar,Golden Venture Partners,Henri Machalani,Jevon MacDonald,Mark Macleod and Mike Murchison
5) HarbourVest Partners,Portage Ventures,Royal Bank of Canada,Spark Capital and Ten Coves Capital $35m venture financing deal with Gradient Boosted Investments