Total technology industry venture financing deals in August 2019 worth $3.68bn were announced in the US, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 0.2% over the previous month and a drop of 27.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.11bn.
The US held a 55.3% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $6.66bn in August 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 269 deals during August 2019, marking a decrease of 22.3% over the previous month and a drop of 33.6% over the 12-month average.
The US technology industry venture financing deals in August 2019: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 28.5% of the overall value during August 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $1.05bn, against the overall value of $3.68bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of August 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) General Atlantic’s $300m venture financing of ContextLogic
2) The $248m venture financing of ThoughtSpot by Geodesic Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sapphire Ventures and Silver Lake Waterman
3) SoftBank Group’s $200m venture financing of Cybereason
3 Things That Will Change the World Today
4) The $200m venture financing of Pollen by SoftBank Vision Fund, Temasek Holdings (Private) and Union Square Ventures
5) Accel, Adam D Angelo, Coatue Management, Founders Fund, Index Ventures, Kevin Systrom, Mike Krieger, Spark Capital and Thrive Capital’s venture financing of SCALE.AI for $100m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.