Asia-Pacific’s technology industry saw a drop of 23.26% in big data deal activity during January 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Beijing Heju Investment Management, GGV Capital, Glory Ventures, Inno-Chip, Legend Star Capital, Meituan and Qiming Venture Partners’ $126m venture financing deal with Aixin Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 33 technology industry big data deals worth $419.1m were announced for the region in January 2022, against the 12-month average of 43 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in January 2022 with 25 transactions, representing a 75.8% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with seven deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 21.2% and 3.03% share of the overall big data deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of big data deals, venture financing was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s technology industry with $324.3m, while private equity and M&A deals totalled $84m and $10.8m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific technology industry big data deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five technology big data deals accounted for 82.7% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology big data deals stood at $346.52m, against the overall value of $419.1m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry big data deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beijing Heju Investment Management,GGV Capital,Glory Ventures,Inno-Chip,Legend Star Capital,Meituan and Qiming Venture Partners $126m venture financing deal with Aixin Technology
2) The $84m private equity of Cloocus by Stonebridge Capital
3) Accel,Arun Mathew,Blackbird,Daniel Yanisse,Didier Elzinga,Felicis Ventures,Grok Ventures,Rich Wong,Stewart Butterfield and Vlad Magdalin $63m venture financing deal with Dovetail ResearchLtd.
4) The $50m venture financing of TheMathCompany by Arihant Patni and Brighton Park Capital
5) Boston Investment Group,Fengqiao Capital,GGV Jiyuan Capital and Yunqi Capital $23.52m venture financing deal with Shanghai Information Technology