Total technology industry venture financing deals in December 2020 worth $8.38bn were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 197.1% over the previous month and a rise of 237.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.48bn.
China held a 46.2% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $18.16bn in December 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 175 deals during December 2020, marking an increase of 25% over the previous month and a rise of 21.5% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
China technology industry venture financing deals in December 2020: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 60.9% of the overall value during December 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $5.1bn, against the overall value of $8.38bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of December 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Anhui Sanzhong Yichuang Industrial Development Fund, GigaDevice Semiconductor Beijing, Hefei State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, National Integrated Circuit Industry Investment Fund and Xiaomi Yangtze River Industry Fund’s $2.39bn venture financing of Ruili Integrated Circuit
2) The $1.6bn venture financing of Zuoyebang by Alibaba Group Holding, FountainVest Partners, Sequoia Capital China, SoftBank Vision Fund and Tiger Global Management
3) GL Ventures, Hillhouse Capital Group, Tencent Holdings and TrustBridge Partners’ $500m venture financing of Hangzhou Lianke Meixun Biomedical Technology
4) The $306m venture financing of MissFresh by Qingdao Gouxin, Qingdao Municipality Guidance Fund and Sunshine Venture Capital
5) Forebright Capital Management, Jeneration Capital, Morningside Venture Capital Group, Shuanghu Capital, Tencent Holdings, Wu Yajun and Wuyuan Capital’s venture financing of Medbanks Network Technology for $305.9m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.