Total technology industry big data Venture Financing deals worth $1.1bn were announced in the US in July 2021, led by $300m Venture Financing of DataRobot, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 52% over the previous month of $2.31bn and a drop of 11.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.25bn.
The US held a 51.15% share of the global technology industry big data Venture Financing deal value that totalled $2.17bn in July 2021.
In terms of big data Venture Financing deal activity, the US recorded 36 deals during July 2021, marking a decrease of 36.84% over the previous month and a drop of 21.74% over the 12-month average.
US technology industry big data Venture Financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry big data Venture Financing deals accounted for 59.3% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology big data Venture Financing deals stood at $655m, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry big data Venture Financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) DataRobot $300m venture financing deal with Altimeter Capital Management,Counterpoint Global,Franklin Resources,ServiceNow Ventures,Sutter Hill Ventures and Tiger Global Management
2) The $150m venture financing of Pendo.io by B Capital Group,Battery Ventures,Contour Venture Partners,FirstMark Capital,General Atlantic,Geodesic Capital,IDEA Fund Partners,Meritech Capital Partners,Sapphire Ventures,Silver Lake Waterman and Tiger Global Management
3) Interos $100m venture financing deal with Kleiner Perkins,NightDragon Security and Venrock
4) Coralogix $55m venture financing deal with 2B Angels,Greenfield Partners,JANVEST Capital Partners,Maor Investments,O.G. Tech Ventures,Red Dot Capital Partners and StageOne Ventures
5) The $50m venture financing of Suzy by Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments,Foundry Group,H.I.G. Growth Partners,North Atlantic Capital,Rho Capital Partners and Triangle Peak Partners
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.