Total technology industry cloud deals worth $57.1bn were announced globally for May 2021, with the $43bn acquisition of Warner Media being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 132.3% over the previous month of $24.57bn and a rise of 157.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $22.17bn.
In terms of number of cloud deals, the sector saw a drop of 9.75% with 287 deals in May 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 318 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cloud deals worth $53.09bn in May 2021.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
technology industry cloud deals in May 2021: Top deals
The top five cloud deals accounted for 87.7% of the overall value during May 2021.
The combined value of the top five cloud deals stood at $50.05bn, against the overall value of $57.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cloud deals of May 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Discovery’s $43bn acquisition of Warner Media
2) The $4bn private equity deal with Boomi by Francisco Partners Management and TPG Capital
3) E2open’s $1.7bn acquisition of BluJay Solutions
4) The $850m acquisition deal of Zipwhip by Twilio
5) BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Bpifrance, Canaan Partners, Eurazeo Growth, Highland Europe (UK), KKRInc and SoftBank Vision Fund II’s venture financing deal with ContentSquare for $500m.