Total technology industry cloud venture financing deals worth $784.9m were announced in Asia-Pacific in August 2021, led by $308m venture financing of Newlinks (Beijing) Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 14.5% over the previous month of $917.9m and a rise of 11.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $702m.
Asia-Pacific held a 14.67% share of the global technology industry cloud venture financing deal value that totalled $5.35bn in August 2021. With a 13.56% share and deals worth $725.69m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s cloud venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of cloud venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 49 deals during August 2021, marking a decrease of 22.22% over the previous month and a drop of 10.91% over the 12-month average. China recorded 34 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific technology industry cloud venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry cloud venture financing deals accounted for 81.4% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology cloud venture financing deals stood at $638.82m, against the overall value of $784.9m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cloud venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Merchants Capital Investment and CICC Capital ManagementLimited $308m venture financing deal with Newlinks (Beijing) Technology
2) The $153.67m venture financing of Ekuaibao by FutureCap,Mantu Capital,Sequoia China Fund,SoftBank Vision Fund II and Tiger Global Management
3) Bank of Communications,Guotai Junan International,Industrial Investment (Beijing) Capital Management,Light Source Capital,Recent Capital and SPDB International $100m venture financing deal with Beijing Dipu Technology
4) The $46.41m venture financing of Shenzhen Huaqiu Electronics by Hillhouse Ventures,Joy Capital and ShunWei Capital
5) Northern Light Venture Capital,ShunWei Capital,Tongchuang Weiye and Xiaomi Ventures $30.73m venture financing deal with New Core Technology