Total technology industry cross border venture financing deals worth $1.86bn were announced in Europe in January 2021, led by $530m venture financing of Wolt Enterprises, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 51.2% over the previous month of $1.23bn and a rise of 112.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $876.06m.
Europe held a 32.86% share of the global technology industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $5.66bn in January 2021. With a 9.96% share and deals worth $563.8m, Finland was the top country in Europe’s cross border venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of cross border venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 63 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 23.17% over the previous month and a drop of 16.00% over the 12-month average. Germany recorded 19 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Europe technology industry cross border venture financing deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 60.5% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology cross border venture financing deals stood at $1.12bn, against the overall value of $1.86bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cross border venture financing deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 83North Venture Capital, Coatue Management, DST Global Solutions, EQT Group, EQT Ventures Fund, Goldman Sachs Growth Equity, Highland Europe (UK), ICONIQ Growth, KKR Real Estate Finance Trust, Prosus, Tiger Global Management and Vintage Investment Partners’ $530m venture financing of Wolt Enterprises
2) The $180m venture financing of Roofoods by Amazon.com
3) Accel, HV Capital Adviser, Lakestar Capital, Project A Services GmbHKG and Scania Growth Capital’s $160m venture financing of sennder
4) The $128m venture financing of SGetir by Base Partners, Crankstart Foundation, Esas Holding, FIBA, Goodwater Capital, Revo Capital and Tiger Global Management
5) Accel, Global Founders Capital, Index Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Ltd., Northzone Ventures and Picus Capital’ venture financing of Personio for $125m.