Led by $130m venture financing of Acrew Capital, Aspect Ventures, Coatue Management, Greylock Partners, Lightspeed Management Company, Shlomo Kramer and Singtel Innov8 Ventures, total technology industry cross border venture financing deals worth $821.86m were announced in Middle East and Africa in Q4 2020, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 91% over the previous quarter and a rise of 22.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $679.94m.
Middle East and Africa held a 7.23% share of the global technology industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $11.37bn in Q4 2020. With a 6.80% share and deals worth $772.89m, Israel was the top country in Middle East and Africa’s cross border venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of deal activity, Middle East and Africa recorded 66 cross border deals during Q4 2020, marking an increase of 15.79% over the previous quarter and a drop of 1.49% over the last four-quarter average. Israel recorded 40 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Middle East and Africa technology industry cross border venture financing deals in Q4 2020: Top deals
The top five cross border venture financing deals accounted for 50.6% of the overall value during Q4 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology cross border venture financing deals stood at $416m, against the overall value of $821.86m recorded for the quarter.
The top five technology cross border deals of Q4 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Acrew Capital, Aspect Ventures, Coatue Management, Greylock Partners, Lightspeed Management Company, Shlomo Kramer and Singtel Innov8 Ventures’ $130m venture financing of Cato Networks
2) The $106m venture financing of INUITIVE by Dor Tzafniuk, Shlomo Gadot and Yinniu Microelectronics (Wuxi)
3) CyberStarts, Index Ventures and Insight Partners’ $100m venture financing of Wiz
4) The $45m venture financing of Percepto by Arkin Holdings, Atento Capital, Delek US Holdings, Koch Disruptive Technologies, Spider Capital, State of Mind Ventures, Summit Peak Investments and U.S. Venture Partners (USVP)
5) Greylock Partners and Kleiner Perkins’ venture financing of Apiiro for $35m.